sands china company informationsands china company information

949 Sands China Team Members Reach 15-Year and 10-Year Anniversaries

Loyalty testifies to company’s value on team member career development

(Macao, Nov. 24, 2020) – Sands China Ltd. honoured 640 team members for reaching their 15-year milestones with the company, and 309 for their 10-year anniversaries, with Nov. 11 recognition ceremonies at The Parisian Macao, entitled "Our 15 Years of Excellence" and "Our Perfect 10, Thank You" to express gratitude to the long-serving team members for their continuous contributions to the development of the company.

Sands China Ltd. President Dr. Wilfred Wong presented each of the attending 15-year-milestone team members with an Honourable Service Award – a 15th anniversary souvenir box containing an anniversary certificate, special edition pin designed by a team member, and a commemorative plaque. The designs on the souvenirs symbolise the heritage of the Sands spirit and represent the close bond between team members. As a further expression of gratitude to its veteran team members, the company presented each of them with a gift certificate for a special 15-year anniversary meal to be enjoyed with a loved one at their choice of select Sands China restaurants.

Team members marking their 10-year milestones received a commemorative plaque from Dr. Wong, along with a gift certificate for a special 10-year anniversary meal.

"Sands China is proud to honour our long-serving team members for their loyal and diligent service over the years, and we are grateful for their continuous dedication," said Dr. Wong. "With the company this year encountering unprecedented challenges, their hard work and dedication are even more commendable; they have worked hand-in-hand with the company in both good times and bad. With our team members’ perseverance and their determination to overcome adversity, we are confident that we can usher in a new spring after a long and cold winter."

Chan Wun San, a human resources officer who has been with Sands China for 15 years, said: "I joined this company 15 years ago, and have grown a lot, both personally and professionally. I am particularly grateful that the company has given me so many opportunities to work in different positions and fields. I began my career in the table games department before transferring to the human resources department through the company’s My Way horizontal development programme. I look forward to continued growth with this company in the years ahead."

The celebration included a lucky draw, and team members enjoyed refreshments and took pictures at a photo booth after the event.

Sands China has always attached great importance to the professional development of team members, and the company’s focus on providing team members with ideal development prospects has helped increase employee loyalty. Including the 949 team members celebrating 10- or 15-year anniversaries in 2020, more than 8,100 team members have now served the company for 10 years or more, representing more than 30 per cent of Sands China’s employees. Among them, over 2,200 have hit the milestone of 15 years of service. Over 1,300 of them have been with the company since 2004.

In that time, the company has fostered significant growth in the number of local residents in management positions, soaring from 20 per cent in 2004 to nearly 90 percent in 2020.

Photo caption: Sands China honoured 640 team members for reaching their 15-year milestones with the company, and 309 for their 10-year anniversaries, with Nov. 11 recognition ceremonies at The Parisian Macao, entitled "Our 15 Years of Excellence" and "Our Perfect 10, Thank You."

Photo caption: 640 team members who have reached their 15-year milestones were presented an Honourable Service Award – a 15th anniversary souvenir box containing an anniversary certificate, special edition pin designed by a team member, and a commemorative plaque. The designs on the souvenirs symbolise the heritage of the Sands spirit and represent the close bond between team members.