sands china company informationsands china company information

Sands China Honours Over 3,700 Team Members for Reaching 15-Year and 10-Year Anniversaries in 2021

Nearly 9,900 team members have served the company for more than 10 years

(Macao, Nov. 19, 2021) – More than 1,500 Sands China team members are celebrating their 15-year company anniversaries in 2021, and over 2,200 are marking their 10-year anniversaries. Sands China Ltd. honoured the more than 3,700 team members at ceremonies at The Londoner® Macao between Nov. 12 and 18, expressing the company's gratitude to the team members for their loyalty and their continuous contributions to the development of the company.

At the "Our 15 Years of Excellence" and "Our Perfect 10, Thank You" events, Sands China Ltd. President Dr. Wilfred Wong personally recognised the many long-serving team members. Those celebrating 15 years received an Honourable Service Award – a 15th anniversary souvenir box containing an anniversary certificate, special edition pin designed by a team member, and a commemorative tie or scarf. The souvenirs were designed to symbolise the heritage of the Sands spirit and to represent the close bond between team members. They also received a gift certificate for a special 15-year anniversary meal to enjoy with a loved one at their choice of selected Sands China restaurants, as a further expression of the company's gratitude to its veteran team members. The 10-year anniversary team members were recognised with a commemorative plaque and a gift certificate for a special 10-year anniversary meal.

"Our team members continue to be our most valuable asset. We have set deep roots in Macao for almost two decades, and long-serving team members have been essential to the continuous and steady development of the company," said Dr. Wong. "The entire executive management team expresses its sincere and deep appreciation to our long-serving team members for their unwavering dedication to the company's growth. With all team members staying united, we are confident that we will always be ready to overcome any challenges as we continue to deliver extraordinary experiences for our guests and visitors."

Human resources team member Trammy Lam said: "I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to the company for having provided me with so many opportunities for career development and personal growth over the past 15 years. I've been able to gain a lot of knowledge and new skills, and that's helped me broaden my international horizons. I'm very honoured and proud to be a part of this team and to have witnessed the company develop into the largest integrated resort operator in Macao. I look forward to continue walking alongside the company into the future and I'm excited to see what lies ahead."

Sands China has long placed people at the heart of its strategy. To date, nearly 9,900 team members have served the company for more than 10 years, representing 40 per cent of all team members, and over 3,700 of them have reached their 15-year milestones. More than 1,200 team members have remained with the company since helping launch Sands® Macao in 2004, representing one-third of that property's opening team. The 17 years between then and now have witnessed a significant growth in the percentage of local residents among Sands China's management team members, soaring from 20 per cent in 2004 to 91 per cent in 2021.

These statistics show how Sands China, as a company rooted in Macao, has made sure to nurture the development of its team members alongside the growth of the company.

Photo caption: Sands China team members celebrate their 15-year and 10-year service anniversaries Nov. 15 at The Londoner Macao. A total of 1,518 Sands China team members are celebrating their 15-year company anniversaries in 2021, and another 2,219 are marking their 10-year anniversaries. Sands China Ltd. honoured these 3,737 team members at ceremonies at The Londoner Macao between Nov. 12 and 18, expressing the company's gratitude to the team members for their loyalty and their continuous contributions to the development of the company.

Photo caption: Sands China Ltd. President Dr. Wilfred Wong expresses his gratitude to long-serving team members for their contributions to the company at an anniversary event at The Londoner Macao Nov. 12 to celebrate team members' 15-year and 10-year service anniversaries.

Photo caption: Sands China team members reaching their 15-year company anniversaries celebrate together Nov. 12 at The Londoner Macao.