sands china company informationsands china company information

Sands China Honours 15-Year and 10-Year Anniversary Team Members – Over 6,000 in 2022

(Macao, Oct. 11, 2022) – Sands China Ltd. recently honoured over 6,000 team members that are celebrating their 15-year or 10-year company anniversaries in 2022, at ceremonies at The Venetian® Macao and The Londoner® Macao in June and September. More than 3,000 Sands China team members are marking their 15-year company anniversaries this year, and nearly 3,000 are celebrating their 10-year anniversaries.

Dr. Wilfred Wong, president of Sands China Ltd., personally recognised the many long-serving team members at the ceremonies, expressing Sands China's gratitude for their loyalty and their continuous contributions to the development of the company.

At the "Our 15 Years of Excellence" and "Our Perfect 10, Thank You" events, team members celebrating 15 years received an Honourable Service Award – a 15th anniversary souvenir box containing an anniversary certificate, special edition pin designed by a team member, and a commemorative tie or scarf. The souvenirs were designed to symbolise the heritage of the Sands spirit and to represent the close bond between team members. As a further expression of gratitude, they also received a gift certificate for a special 15-year anniversary meal to enjoy with a loved one at their choice of one of 11 Sands China restaurants. The 10-year anniversary team members were recognised with a commemorative plaque, a special edition pin and a gift certificate for a special 10-year anniversary meal.

In celebration of The Venetian Macao's 15th Anniversary, team members also enjoyed lucky draws, where 10-year anniversary team members could win a Grado Mini Golf experience at The Venetian Macao and 15-year veterans could win a limited-edition gold leaf souvenir from the ceiling of The Venetian Macao's Great Hall.

Dr. Wong said: "With each passing year, we are delighted to witness our team members' continued dedication to Sands China, and to thank them for the indispensable role they have played in developing the company and serving our guests, visitors, and the local community. Besides our 10-year and 15-year veterans, we are thrilled that four of our team members have already reached their 20-year company anniversaries and witnessed a number of the company's development milestones – a testament to their loyalty and to Sands China's desire that the company serve as a second home for all our team members."

Ivan Wang, a team member from the table games department, said: "Looking back on my 15 years working for the company, I have become equipped with two unique skill sets and explored career paths for my professional growth through My Way Horizontal Development Programme. The company also encourages us to have work-life balance and I have participated in table tennis competitions on behalf of the company and achieved really good results. I am thankful for the opportunities for personal and career development that the company has provided me over the past 15 years."

Sands China has long placed people at the heart of its strategy. To date, over 12,300 team members have served the company for more than 10 years, representing 50 per cent of all team members, and over 6,600 of them have served for more than 15 years. More than 1,500 team members have remained with the company since helping launch Sands® Macao in 2004. The nearly 20 years between then and now have witnessed a significant growth in the percentage of local residents among Sands China's management team members, soaring from 20 per cent in 2004 to 92 percent in 2022.

These statistics show how Sands China, as a company rooted in Macao, has remained firm in its commitment to nurture the development of its team members alongside the growth of the company.

Photo caption: Sands China team members celebrate their 15-year service anniversaries Sept. 21 at The Venetian Macao. A total of over 3,000 Sands China team members are celebrating their 15-year company anniversaries in 2022, and another nearly 3,000 are marking their 10-year anniversaries. Sands China Ltd. honoured these over 6,000 team members at ceremonies at The Venetian Macao and The Londoner Macao in June and September, expressing the company's gratitude to the team members for their loyalty and their continuous contributions to the development of the company.

Photo caption: Sands China Ltd. President Dr. Wilfred Wong expresses his gratitude to long-serving team members for their contributions to the company at an anniversary event Sept. 20 at The Venetian Macao to celebrate team members' 10-year service anniversaries.

Photo caption: Sands China team members reaching their 15-year company anniversaries celebrate together Sept. 21 at The Venetian Macao.

Photo caption: Sands China team members reaching their 10-year company anniversaries celebrate together Sept. 20 at The Venetian Macao.